HOsiHO welcome aerial artists willing to sell their best aerial and drone stock images through the platform
As a macrostock* agency, we represent professional aerial cinematographers and producers shooting legally stunning aerial & drone images
We support Visual Artists with fair prices & a 50/50 commission split
You earn 50% on every sale!
(ex: license price for a video varies from 49,00€ to 2899,00€ depending on usage & size)
We aggregate highly-curated collections of stunning aerial images legally shot, that we distribute worldwide through HOsiHO.com
HOsiHO platform is directly connected, via our own API, to these professional image indexing and search services
HOsiHO as a stock footage and photography agency is member of FOCAL International based in London. (Federation of Commercial Audiovisual Libraries International), and since 2020, the drone footage & timelapses collection is also distributed by the INA (Institut National de l'Audiovisuel) as a Partner Collection, via its INAMediaPro website.
We would be proud to represent your best aerial videos, whether taken by drone, helicopter, microlight, airplane or even a balloon, provided they are duly authorised by local regulations!
Our clients want stock footage that show the essence of every location from above!
the most beautiful landscapes, towns, villages, cities and monuments. Filmed at all seasons, at the most beautiful hours with new and dramatic angles (drone effect for example, or Cineflex).
All major and secondary sites and landmarks, plus all outdoor activities. News topics are not required unless they have long-term selling potential (e.g. for archive footage).
We are also fond of images representing concepts such as:
- Beauty in Nature
- Pollution and Climate Change
All those conceptual images can be shot anywhere and are highly in demand by our buyers.
What HOsiHO have to offer to contributors?
- Perfect knowledge of the aerial photography and aerial filming world: managed by Sami Sarkis, image creator for over 35 years, represented by major agencies like Getty, Alamy and Age Fotostock
- Since 2014, a high-end positioning: HOsiHO's highly-curated collections are only open to talented photographers and filmmakers, working in compliance with all aviation regulations.
- Clear and strong identity with specialised collections seen from above: little competition, we occupy a niche market in which recommendation and awareness is paramount
- Excellent SEO ranking on Google and all social networks: beautiful images that can’t be found will never sell
- Super-fast E-commerce website, professional and bilingual french/english: we aim to sell to the four corners of the world
- In-house development relevant keywords that accompany each image, to make it easier for buyers and increase your chances of sales
- Fair selling price that satisfies both the authors and buyers: no low-cost prices or microstock
- Your personnal account on our Contributors Portal : sales statements and statistics; images uploader; submission guidelines
- Your images directly under the eyes of the most important international image buyers via our website and our partners
- Pool of hundreds of loyal customers in audiovisual production and TV companies
- You earn 50% from any sale
- A Facebook Group open to any aerial shooter, dedicated to unfilled customers aerial images needs
- Shoot-On-Demand: our shooting on demand service, via our network of partners
- An exclusive drone network in France, with pilots selected among our most talented contributors
- Dynamic online marketing and presence at the biggest trade fairs: PixDay in Paris, NABShow in Las Vegas, FootageMarketplace in London, SunnySide Documentary film market in La Rochelle, MipCom in Cannes, VEM in Saint-Raphaël, SATIS in Paris, etc...
(and start earning money from your aerial images)
- First, you need to contact us through this Contributor Application Form: we ask you to provide a link to your online best aerial images or portfolio so we can do an initial evaluation.
- If your work meets our quality standards and search criteria, we will offer you a non-exclusive contributor agreement. Non-exclusive means that you'll still be able to sell your images elsewhere, or directly, and of course use them for your own promotion.
- You must be the author of the submitted images, or his/her accredited representative
- Please read about our key tips that will help you to make a living from your best aerial & drone footage
Basic principles regarding your copyright
- You keep the physical and intellectual property (‘property rights’)
- You give us only the right to sell on your behalf (non-exclusive representation)
- You can still sell them yourself or through other non-exclusive agencies nearly at the same price than through HOsiHO
- The customer does not buy a picture or film, just the right to use it under a license that the agency charges for.
HOsiHO showreel February 2021 with 87 absolutely unique drone shots!
How HOsiHO sustain its Visual Content Artists ?
At its humble level, and through a set of clear actions, HOsiHO agency
considers that the practice of excessive and recurring promotions is likely to destroy
the production of new high-end images. Here are the basic principles that it applies
since always and that HOsiHO would like to see spread to all the stock image industry :
# 1 - Fair, simple and realistic pricing, Macrostock* type
For both the buyer and the author, calculated according to image use, and in a way that
encourages creative people to produce more and make a living from it, the agency to grow,
and the user to find a qualitative production, constantly expanded and renewed.
# 2 - A fair split
50% of each sale goes to the image provider.
Everyone is paid for the work he has done.
# 3 - No excessive discounts
Lowering a price is lowering the value of the work of the artist who creates these images.
HOsiHO never discounts more than 20%, nor offers subscriptions plans
and other Value Packs or PA sales, at incredibly low rates.
# 4 - No exclusive contributor contract
All signed HOsiHO contributors are free to sell their images directly or through other agencies
having more or less the same selling price. This freedom allows authors to
maximize the potential revenue from their images, provided that they avoid
to offer the same ones on the 'microstocks' sites, which, in addition to offering
videos or photos at very low costs, give a small share to their contributors, the site
keeping up to 70%/80% of any sales (for instance, an HD clip sold $79
will only bring its creator $24 to the videographer ...)
# 5 - Assistance and Advice
Contributors, especially new ones, are often lost in the jungle of stock image outlets.
HOsiHO takes the time to listen to them, understand them, advise them and suggest them
the best way or decision to make regarding the marketing of their portfolio.
# 6 - Accurate captions and keywords
Crucial step in the era of online image libraries : even a stunning image poorly
captioned will be badly indexed in a search engine. It may never be seen by a footage
or stills researcher, therefore will have low chances to sell.
The agency therefore checks all captions and keywords provided by the authors,
then correct it if necessary, and finally informs the contributor about what has been changed
or added to his metadatas. So, he will know what to do for the next submissions.
# 7 - Understanding Market Expectations
Producing to create is fine. Producing to sell is even better!
For this, HOsiHO provides the authors with several tools to help them know or
anticipate market needs: image views statistics; frequently sought terms;
galleries of the best selling images; image requests sent by
buyers needing images not yet available, either via the Facebook group or by email.
# 8 - New Artist’s images highlight
HOsiHO highlights the authors of the most beautiful submitted images.
Via its blog and social-medias, by publishing the most remarkable aerial videos.
This ensures the promotion of the agency quality and the great creativity of its contributors.
# 9 - Qualitative and not quantitative selection of images
By looking closely at every submitted image, the editors make a
qualitative selection of aerial footage and photos that buyers will have before their eyes.
What renders services to both parties: buyers having the quintessence of contributor's
production, and authors having a better idea of the level of excellence
required by the HOsiHO image collection.
# 10 - Aerial commissioned work
Most of the agency's contributors are aerial image professionals working
also under assignement. HOsiHO is happy to send them customers requests
when received, either through the Shoot-On-Demand service
or via its drone operators network website. The relationship between customer and
artists is direct. HOsiHO does not take any share on any assignement services.
Don't miss our guides full of invaluable advice: :